Monday, May 11, 2020

Stuck at Home Breakfast

How many different recipes or inventive menu have you come up with during the self-quarantined "Stay Home", Be Safe, from COVID-19?
Between my family and I, I think we were cooking more at home than ever.  Not that we don't enjoy eating out, but ever since mid-March, a Lots of our Daily routines have changed and so has our daily menu.
Working at home made it challenging.  I need to to be able to stand up and work, and I don't have one of those ergonomic adjustable table at home, so I moved my workstations to my kitchen counter top.  I was sitting far too long in my home office desk.  Even though I make it a point to stand up and walk around the house, up and down the stairs intentionally.  My kitchen counter became my favorite place.  It's bright and I can work standing up or sitting down when I need to.
One of my old favorite and very dependable tested recipe is from Alton Brown's "Good Easts 2" - Cinnamon Rolls recipe in there.  I can make it every time, it stays the fluffy and tender the longest even after a day... that is if it got any left.
Interesting thing is that for whatever reason, this batch of dough didn't rise as expected.  I was very concerned that the yeast has gone bad??  The dough looked too plasticky for many hours.  Don't know what is going on but I went ahead and prepped it, and the result - a tasty breakfast.
I divided the dough into halves and made something else with the others.

 They don't look very live even after a day.
Bake them anyways.   Looks very promising.  They are rising.
 
 Ready for frosting.
 Very good!

Next one is the Souffle Hotcake made from Single Egg. (It was posted previously.)  That was really good.  It turned out great.  It was like after testing 3 other recipes?  This one was the best.

Then, I tried Korean Twist Donuts I saw on the YouTube.
I had just as much fun watching this lady giving instructions and making them.  I learned how to make the twist donuts quite good looking. 
 Hold one of the dough on the work surface and roll to twist the other end with the palm of the other hand.  Fold in half.  Press the ends together well and tuck.
Fry in Electric skillet with temp control is very convenient.  I like to use this skillet because it's without Teflon.  I tilted one end of the skillet because I did not have enough oil to cover the whole skillet and deep enough to fry properly.    See what happens when the ends of the donuts are not pinched tight.  The ends will unwind as they expand during frying.
Place in paper bag with sugar and cinnamon to coat the donuts.
 
 Not bad looking and tasty donuts.
I think I made the Green onion pancakes a lot.  It is so simple.  And I got enough Green onions in my garden to make some every 1-1/2 to 2 weeks on  warm days. They are posted under Taiwanese Green Onion Pancake blog.
MOCHI WAFFLE!
Mother's Day Banana Cake

Keep SAFE... Don't be Selfish... STAY HOME - whenever and IF you can and Enjoy Home Cookings.  
IF YOU JOG - DON'T EXPEL YOUR BREATH into the open air to contaminate - WEAR MASK!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?