Friday, May 24, 2013

Brussel Sprouts in Cream and Stir-Fried Kale

I heard about the coring the brussel sprouts if one is afraid to eat them because of the 'bitter' after taste.  So I tried it, and sure enough, I love them.  Because of the 'bitter' taste that I didn't care for, I have not eaten brussel sprouts for years.  Now, it's back in my menu.  Ingredients: Brussel Sprouts are cored, rinsed.  Placed in a bowl with a dab of butter, and some heavy cream.  Microwave them with a microwaveable splatter cover.  Add kosher salt and ground pepper to taste.  




Many preparation methods for Kale require cooking/braising the green to death.  Without knowing about it, I have been stir-frying them Chinese styles. They taste really great.  Ingredients:  butter + olive oil for stir-frying. 2 crushed garlic cloves.   One bunch Kale, washed and cut into 3 to 4 inch sizes.  Add kosher salt and ground pepper to taste.  Serve with nice bowl of rice.
Add butter+Olive oil into wok.  Add garlic cloves - 15 seconds, then, add Kale.
 The color of the Kale with change from bright green to wilted dark green. 
 Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?