Thursday, April 26, 2012

Polly's Harissa

Gathering the ingredients were bit challenging as far as the different types of chili peppers needed.      I wished I had found Fresno Chili Pepper and Guajillo Chili Pepper.     But normally, they are not found at the local markets.  I end up improvising and substituting.      It is quite aromatic and taste delicious in meat dishes.
Some of the ingredients I used are: fresh Jalapeno Chili Pepper, fresh Red Bell Pepper, Cayenne Pepper (home grown & dried), fresh Anaheim Chili Pepper.... perhaps, I should have used dried chili peppers instead of the fresh ones as they are more flavorful.      



 Love the food processing power of the NINJA four blade core.


Top it off in the jar with some Olive Oil and store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?