Monday, April 02, 2012

Stir Fried Spicy Bell Pepper with Beef and Candied Orange & Beef with Broccoli

I love it!   I found a few good use of candied orange peels I made a few months ago while making my "Calisson de Polly".    I love the food adventure and learn about the spices the different cultures use.   They really bring out the interesting dimensions to the flavor and make the ordinary dish 'new', I think.    Of course, I wanted to make the dish that my mother makes, but I don't have her 50 years old wok (an excuse.)     Flank steaks were cut into strips and marinated in 'potato starch' (not corn starch)  with less sodium soy sauce, pinch of sugar, and a bit of water.
Stir fry the beef first in oil.  Set aside.   In the same wok or saute pan, stir fry bell peppers.  Add Oyster sauce and candied orange peel.   Return beef.   Add chili peppers and Salt and Pepper to taste.  

 Broccoli is blanched first, then stir fried.  Return beef back and stir fried.  

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours. looks very inviting and love the candied oranges.
    BTW you are on a roll. so many posts popping up one after another :). All look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, how are you? Thanks for stopping by. I really like trying out new ingredients I've learned. I can't wait to use my Salted Lemons I made a month ago. I think it is almost ready.

      Delete
  2. Hi Polly, thanks so much for awarding me the Liebster blog award! I'm so happy that you enjoy going onto my blog! Your blog has very authentic and delicious looking food!

    x
    Miss C

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Looks so delicious! Great idea with candied oranges! Saw a lot of your posts! Well done & looks yummy!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Miss C and Kit. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?