Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pandan Chiffon Cake II

Here is how my Pandan Chiffon Cake with Butter, no vege oil, turned out.
I used the same recipe from the previous Pandan Chiffon Cake.  I omitted the vegetable oil and replaced it with 2 oz of butter.  I was careful to whip the egg whites to stiff peak but not dry, then fold it in gently to the egg and flour mixture.  This time the cake volume is higher than before.  The cake rose about an inch during the baking.  It is not as high as the Seadragon's Pandan Chiffon Cake.  In her photo, her cake rose above the rim.  I made sure the tube pan I am using is the same size.  The texture is not as 'fine' when the vege oil was mixed in.  But this is too early to decide if that is the reason.  I will need to bake a few more times.  It maybe because I have over beaten the eggs . . .  The cake is moist just like the Pandan Chiffon Cake I made previously.  It tastes delicious still - light and moist.   I am trying to upload the video to YouTube of how I folded the egg whites into the egg/butter mixtures, but it is taking a long time.
After over an hour, my video recording of mixing egg whites got uploaded to the YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UMECHANKICKS?feature=mhum  And I am happy to see so many other How To's at YouTube related to Chiffon Cake making.  I spent over an hour studying how others are doing it.  And I am convinced that mixing with bare hand would be the best method to mix the egg whites... and I would like to try that next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?