Monday, March 08, 2010

SOFT NOUGAT ISLANDS

I was looking for a recipe for Soft Nougat filling for making Chocolate confection.  My friend found a recipe called Nougat Centers.  I gave it a try.  It is good.
The white blob you see in the picture is the original soft nougat center.  For variation I added walnuts, raisins, candied cherries, and rum.  But the candied cherries didn't have distinct flavor, so I added maraschino cherries, marachino juice + rum.  That's the pink blob you see on the plate.  If you like maraschino cherries, then this is good.  The other pink blob is with extra chopped raisins and maraschino juice with rum. 
 
Squeeze the parchment paper to separate the chocolate cup off of it.
This nougat is mixed with melted milk chocolate.  Then fill with nougat with cherries...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?