Saturday, November 14, 2009

Persimmon Oatmeal Cookies


While researching about 'how to dry persimmons' on the net, I came across persimmon cookies recipe at this site.  I am not going to print it here as it is not my recipe.  But here is the site address:  http://www.seedtosupper.com/persimmons.html  and you can get much more interesting facts on persimmons than mine.
For this recipe, 1 cup of fully ripened persimmon pulp was used.  My taste test on this is that I don't really taste the persimmons in it.  I taste more of the oatmeal and spices than persimmons in it.
Perhaps, cutting down on the oatmeal entirely or measure down to 2/3 or 1/2 or 3/4 Cup would do.
Only testing would tell.  But it is a good recipe to start my adventure with baking with HACHIYA persimmons.

Modification in the recipe of mine included the following ingredients:
1 tsp Vanilla
3 Shakes of Chili Pepper Flakes
a Couple of shakes of Lemon Zest ... about 1/8 tsp but could have used 1 tsp of fresh lemon zest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?