Friday, May 15, 2020

Pecan Chicken with Celery Mustard Green Fried Rice

This is the first time I've ever tested with Mustard Green or prepared one.  The first impression I had was "Bitter!"  I didn't think I could eat it until I decided to mix it with Pecan Chicken with Celery I prepared the night before.  I mixed the two, and voila, the taste of mustard green changed to delectable.
Break pecan pieces
Chopped celery sticks - about 4 stalks
Chopped chicken pieces - 1/4 to 1/2 C
1 bunch Mustard Green, washed in salted water
2 cloves of peeled garlic  or 1 large broken into 2 (doesn't matter, but always stir fry greens with a bit of garlic)
1 to 2 Cups of Cooked Basmati Rice (much less carb than short grains) or your favorite rice.
1/4 C + Organic Avocado Oil or your preferred cooking oil

Skillet with lid

There is no exact amount of pecan or chicken mentioned here.  Just use as much or less the amount you like.  I don't care too much meat in my stir fried vegetables, and I like them in small pieces.
Break Pecans into pieces.
 You can basically follow your own favorite MOU GU GAI PAN recipe or just stir fry with oil, salt.
 Add some liquid - water.  About 1/4 C.  Mix 1/8 C of water with 2 tsp Potato Starch (KATAKURIKO).  Add to the vegetable, medium high heat.  Stir and cook till the starch mixture is totally 'clear'.
 Remove and set aside.
Wash Mustard Green in salted water.
 Cut them into edible size.
 Peel 2 cloves of garlic and add to 'hot' oil  The oil should be 'shimmering' in the skillet.
 Right away add mustard green.  Toss to coat greens in hot cooking oil.
Toss and stir fry for about 1-1/2 min till wilted.  Add precooked Basmati rice.
 Cover.  Add 1/4 C water.  Lower heat to medium low. Cook for 2 min.
 Open the lid and add Pecan chicken with celery.  Stir fry and combine everything.
 Remove from heat and serve.   Serve with anything else you like on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?