Friday, May 15, 2020

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Goodies to try during Self-Quarantine

Not that I particularly like chocolate chip cookies, but I find it challenging to make them.  Especially, the type with crispy crust on the top and gooey, chewy, not cakey. 
This one is after testing Martha Stewart's Chocolate Chip Cookies  recipe while staying home during this COVID-19 self-quarantine.
I think it turned out pretty good. 
The ingredients are found here:
https://www.marthastewart.com/344840/soft-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies
 My modification - half recipe
    1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
    1 large eggs
  Chopped Semi-Sweet Chocolate Pistoles about 1 cup
 I chopped my semi-dark chocolate pistoles.
 I decided to mixed in the chocolate pieces with the egg mixture first to prevent 'dry flour' symptom and to prevent flour to develop gluten from getting mixed twice.
 After the chocolate is well mixed. Add flour till well combined.
 
Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper.
 Baked in my countertop electric convection oven, top rack. 350'F fro 8-1/2 min.
 I noticed the cookies rise up high.  I should have flattened the scooped dough before baking.  I like flat cookies.
 So, I pressed down intentionally with the back side of the teaspoon.
 
 See the crispy crust formation on the top.  Cool.  Just love it.
 Tastes great.


Then, there is a quick cookies I learned to make with no baking powder and adding chili flakes and cayenne make it a delightful snack after good exercises.
1/4 stick soft butter
1 C flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
2/3 C organic cane sugar
1-1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract
Pecans
Dash of cayenne
Shake shake shake of Chili Flakes
Chopped semi-dark chocolate pistoles - 1/2 C


Bake in 400'F oven, 8  min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?