Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Hot Tamales

This Christmas, I decided to follow-up with TAMALES.  I find it very interesting that many families have their famility traditions during Christmas holidays to bake Cuccidatti or make Tamales together.  While living in Cholon /Saigon, S. Viet-Nam our family tradition was to hold a large Christmas Dancing Party.  In-spite of the fact that there is war going on and curfews enforced, we get this "permit" to hold  the party.  But not anymore, after we left Viet-Nam, we have a "Good Eats" party.  While we decided on CIOPPINO for Christmas eve dinner, I got busy and made 60 TAMALES to bring down from Sacramento in my sleigh to San Jose... well, in my mini-van.  We had a good eats of TAMALES for lunch on the Christmas Day.
I will post the detail recipe later, but here is my photo journal of BEEF and PORK TAMALES (Click on the photo to read annotation on the image better):


 
  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow those look beautiful Polly! I'm hungry just looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?