Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Dutch Baby

This is my Dutch Baby breakfast.
Alton Brown is one of my favorite in the FoodNetwork.  I watched him make this Dutch Baby and couldn't resist in trying.  It Puffs up like a hat in the oven.   It tastes like a large combo of pancake and alien pastry brought together by surprisingly refreshing tart taste from the lemon juice.   If you have never had one before, it is well worth the time to enjoy it.   I think the children will enjoy it with whip cream and fresh fruits on top.
Here is the link to Alton Brown's recipe at the FoodNetwork. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/dutch-baby-recipe/index.html  However, I maybe wrong, but this recipe looks tidbit different in the amount...can't quite remember.  I wrote down the recipe while watching his telecast recording in my VHS.
So, here is recipe to the best of my knowledge that I jotted correctly - and it turned out deliciously for me..

Preheat oven to 375'F with Cast Iron Skillet with Butter and Bake for 30-35 min.

Place oven rack in the middle rack.
Ingredients:
+2 Tbsp Melted Butter in Cast Iron Skillet - Place the Cast Iron Skillet with Butter to Preheat with the Oven
2 Large Eggs
1/2 C Milk
2-3/8 oz (1/2 C, but weigh it for the best result) All Purpose Flour
1 T Butter Melted
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Vanilla Sugar 
Lemon Juice
Blend all Ingredients, EXCEPT for Lemon Juice, in a "Blender" and run for 30 sec
Pour into the Pre-Heated  Cast Iron Skillet with Melted Butter in It.
Bake for 30 - 35 Min.
The Dutch Baby would look like a Puffed Up Hat of some sort.
To Serve:  Slice and sprinkle with Lemon Juice and Sugar - Really Yummy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?