Tuesday, August 03, 2010

LOTUS-SEED GERMINATION PROGRESS 1

DAY1 - I am very surprised to see how quickly these Lotus seeds have built their root system of some sort.
First I noticed that they have developed some sort of protective membrane. Around 6:30 pm, I took them out of the kitchen sill to the outdoor for direct evening sun light.  I noticed after 30 min of sun light, there seem to be germination activity. Their root system of some sort became more obvious.  The cranial lines have obvious root like veins running through them.
This is only the Day 1, approx 23 hrs since I peeled them out of their shells for germination.  The dimple end is quite swollen and can you see the root system of some sort? and there is a sign of "green" on couple of the seeds - possibly the sprout? They are covered in membrane so I can't quite make out what it is, yet.
It will be very interesting to find out how they would look like on Day2.
If you are experienced Lotus grower and has experience germinating from the seed, let me know what I am seeing.  In the meantime, just wait for their Day 2 tomorrow.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?