Friday, September 17, 2010

Frozen Dragon-Fruits Mousse Cake


This is a beautiful frozen dessert that I learned from Bakericious.  http://bakericious.blogspot.com/2010/08/red-pitaya-dragon-fruit-yogurt-mousse.html; It got my full attention when I saw it.  I just had to try it.  Finding the Dragon Fruits in Sacramento was a trip in itself.  We called it "sesame" fruits when we lived in S. Viet-Nam.  Like Bakericious pointed out there are red and white ones, but the lucky find of mine were white.  So, to add the dramatic color, I contemplated on using the food color, I opted not to and remembered the good ole' Beets.  I used my Juiceman machine again, and it turned out a-okay.  I am still waiting to unmold the frozen dessert this weekend at my Grandson's Birthday party.  I hope it will unmold okay.  Can't wait to taste it... well, while I was making it, I already had the taste of the Mousse with Dragon fruit in it.  It is delicious.

2 comments:

  1. The cake is beautiful! Hope your grandson and family will like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thank you for introducing this at your blog. I would have never thought of using the 'dragon fruits' until I saw your beautiful Mousse Cake. My grandson and family enjoyed it very much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?