Sunday, August 01, 2010

Romano Tomatoes Vege Sandwich


This year, Romano tomatoes are quite welcoming. They ripened much earlier than last two years - in the summer.  The previous two years, they were ripening, if any, at autumn.
The best part of these tomatoes is that I didn't even plant these tomatoes. They are the growth from the previous year's tomatoes that I left decaying with the vines. The first year I planted the Romano, the vine grew so densely and there were many beautiful fruits.  But, they never turned red enough on time for me to enjoy.  When fall came, the tomatoes were still green and even frost beaten.  To clean them up, they were too heavy and bulky to dump into the recycling container; so, I waited till they dry up and became light.  Ever since, the tomatoes are growing on their own.  Live or let die method of gardening seems to work.  I pay too much attention, and they all turn x!#@ RIP.
I made some fresh baguettes from the previous Tai-Chi Baguette dough I made and froze.
They turned out to be handy when you only want to eat a couple, instead of 10 baguettes.
So, here it is. Fresh Romano tomatoes from the garden, and fresh baguette from my kitchen.  I would like to say, " and avocado from my garden."... but not quite... I did managed to grow the avocado tree from an Avocado seed from the avocado I ate.   It grew up to be 7 feet tall, but right before the spring 2010, it died.  Cause of death:  frost bite.  So the avocado is store bought.
Another summer lunch made with ingredient from my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?