Sunday, May 31, 2020

Stir Fried Home Grown Celery

This is a simple dish made from my home grown free volunteer celery bunch in my garden.  I planted a bottom part of the store bought celery many years ago.  I never cropped it because it always grow this skinny sticks with flowers. It keeps on growing flowers and I let it die and so forth.  This year's weather seems to please every plants and there they are - celery.  Skinny as they are, there are many.  I scissor some off and stir fried its stalks.   Tasted not bad.  Rough leafy parts went back to the yard as a compost.  I actually don't have a compost, but I just toss them into the garden.  It seems to work out like that in my yard.  My compost bin in the past is a horrifying rat trap, so I don't do that any more.

I removed most of the top most leaves as they felt pretty tough.  Wash thoroughly and soak them in water for about half an hour in salt water.  Because I do not use any chemical spray in my garden, to make sure any micro critters are popped and gone I soak and wash all vegetables in salt water.  
Stir fry with small cloves of garlic in 2 TBsp of organic avocado oil.
Add 1/4 Cup of water, pinch of salt.  Cover and cook for 2 min or so.  Done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?