Friday, September 17, 2010

65'C Chocolate Wassant Testing Journal


This is another wonderful recipe I got from "Do What I Like" Florence's web site at http://wlteef.blogspot.com/2008/03/65c-chocolate-wassant.html Tonight I test baking the 65'C Chocolate Wassant, and I am very impressed with the layering of this croissant dough without the usual 1 lb butter block the normal formula calls for.  Additionally, this includes 65'C TangZhong that I learned from some of my favorite Asian bloggers in the past few months.  If you have not tested this 65'C TangZhong in the baked goods, I highly recommend it to give it a try and understand what is happening with the flour and water to form the dough and to the final product.  Start with the Japanese Style Buns I posted.  The link to the recipe should be there.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?