Sunday, May 02, 2021

Quick Pâte à Choux or Chocolate éclairs.

 I can't remember the last time I made Pâte à Choux - Cream puffs.  It is so easy.
 
Add 1 Stick of unsalted Butter in a pot with 1 Cup water.  Bring to boil.
Add 1 Cup of Flour.   Stir quickly and shut off stove.  But Keep it on the stove.
4 Eggs - Add and Beat 1 egg at a time into the batter that is quite warm.  Keep stirring with spatula each time you add egg.
Fill a pastry bag with #8 tip.
 
Heat Oven to 400'F (gas stove) 

Pipe onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. 
Bake @400'F for 15 min, then, 350'F for 20 min until Brown and it makes hollow sound when you tap on the shell.  *Be aware of your oven behavior.  Visual check oven every 15 min *whout opening the oven.
Cool Completely.  Fill with Chantilly with fruits of our choice.  Fill with pastry cream and or dipped in chocolate glaze to make Chocolate éclairs.
I made a bad choice in not eating lunch before I made them, and I was very impatient to assemble them.  LOL, I think I ate 3 banana filled
éclairs before I took the picture.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?