Sunday, July 18, 2021

Photo Journal of - Thompson Grapes 2021

 I can't remember how long it's been.  Ah! 7 years, 2014, since this Thompson Grape vine was gifted to me.  It grew a strand or two clusters in 2018.  But they never matured.  I remember the first year when it fruited.  The grape did not form the usual inverted triangle shape cluster.  It was like a "splat" shape. In October of 2020, it was kind of okay, but sour, unedible.  They were a pretty looking cluster though.   This is the first year that grapes looked like a grape in it's cluster form.  I already noticed today that something is already enjoying the fruits.  I think it's those neighborhood jays and doves or ??. 

I learned this year in spring - the grapes 'flowered', too.












The rest will be ripe soon.  Hope whatever creature won't eat it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?