Sunday, July 18, 2021

Polly's Thumbprint ALMOND COOKIES with Fresh Apricot

 I enjoy the Chinese Almond Cookies.  It's been a long long while since I've seen a pink box with dragon emblem printed on it being sold or bought one.  My father really love that snack. So did family members.  That one single almond atop of the crispy cookie is the highlight.  I personally did not tasted "almond' in the cookie itself and I eat them just to get to the almond on the top.  The almond can be easily picked off the top, but that's not really done, did we?  An almond cookie missing an almond atop of it is always left behind in the box, I noticed.  Regardless, I came up with my version of the almond cookies.
My family gave me a bag of apricot.  I ate some fresh.  I decided to bake with it too.
 
*Pick a rather small size apricots.  As the sliced apricot will be set on top of your cookie.
Wash and dry apricot.  Slice into halves.  Remove the pit.  Slice each halves into four.

1.  1-1/2 Cup shifted flour with 1 tsp Baking Powder, 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed Mills.
 
2.  Mix 3/4 stick softened butter in a bowl with spatula - about 10 times, then, mix in 1/3 C sugar.  Hand mix till pale.
 
3.  Add 2 tsp Cook's Pure Almond Extract (optional:  and 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract ) to #2 above.
Mix #1 and #2 together well.

 
Preheat oven to 400'F
With 1 inch  cookie scoop, scoop onto lined baking sheet with silpat or unbleached parchment paper.
Thumbprint each dough deep enough to hold a 1/4 tsp drop of apricot preserve and a small piece of sliced fresh apricot.
Or you can make one without apricots and place a sliver of almond on top of it if you would like. 
Bake for 10 min or so.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?