80 g white raisins instead of currants - chopped
185g soft butter instead of sultanas
1 Tbsp candied Orange Peel, 1 Tbsp Lemon Peel instead of 150g mixed peel
2 whole Organic eggs
180 g Cane Sugar instead of demerara sugar
275 ml KIRIN Japanese beer
40 ml Meyers dark rum
2. Stir them up.
3. Add the eggs and the liquid.
4. Stir again.
5. line the bottom of the cake mold with organic unbleached parchment paper
6. Press the cake mix into basins.
7. Cover the top with aluminum foil
8. Fill with water up to 3/4 of pudding basin height.
9. Steam 6 hours.
10. Once cooled, flip it out of the cake mold; place on top of aclean dry parchment paper, enclose in plastic bag and refrigerate.
Gift them after cutting them into quarters and pre-sliced. That is less intimidating to the recipients, and it will be quickly consumed with a joy! because it is so delicious and they wished they had more, but truly enjoyed and appreciated and look forward to next year's!!
12. When the pudding is a whole - serve: with garnish or flambé and serve with brandy sauce and cream, if desired.