Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dungeness Crab Cake

I know, I know, whenever you order crab cakes at the local restaurant, it's a disappointment.  You slice a piece with the fork and lift it up to look for a 'sign' of Crab meat, and all you see is this strand of "something" that you end up comforting yourself - 'that's the crab meat'.   As you place that piece of the crab cake into the mouth, surely you are convincing yourself that you that are biting into some sort of crab that taste like a 'ocean'.    Then, you take another bite, hoping that you will find a 'chunk' of crab meat, but yet again, it's another strands of something surrounded by corn meal and other mixtures.   So, I got tired of the cheap cheat of the restaurants, and I decided to make one myself.   For sure I have the Crab chunk in the crab cake I am making, and I enjoyed every bite of it.
 1 Cup of crab meat hand picked out of the shells - use chopsticks to do this to prevent shredding of crab meat.  Leave most of the meat whole.  Mix mayonnaise, chopped home grown scallion, chopped bell peppers, 1 egg, mixed with Panko crumbs, paprika, chili powder, salt and black pepper to taste.     After combining them well, add crab meat and toss together.   Careful not to shred the crab meat.




 I used the largest biscuit ring to form the cake.





 Deep fry it till brown.




 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?