Monday, March 04, 2019

Stir Fried Daikon Greens

 
My friend gave me this DAIKON seeds to plant.  I have never planted DAIKON before, but I thought it would be fun.  Thanks to all the rain after rain after rain.  The rain has been keeping pesty snails and bugs off the greens.  I didn't really see the DAIKON growing.  So, I decided to scissor those green off the top and stir fry them.  I figure with all the rain we are getting, it will take no time for the leaves to regrow.  And actually I am right.  Two weeks after I made this stir fried DAIKON greens, I just had another bunch to cooks with.  However, this time, I had to soak the greens in salt water to be 100% sure that there are no micro bugs and slugs on the leaves.  The outside temperature right now is just right for their appearance. 

 Sprinkled some KATSUO BUSHI.  Added some Garlic.  Wanted to kill off some ... whatever, there maybe.  It's a bit overkill, but when you stir fry greens, you should always add a couple of garlic.
 I added this, too.
 Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?