Friday, November 14, 2014

Making TONKATSU - Japanese style PanFried Pork Cutlet

While cutting a rump of pork for making stew, I sliced off some for ground pork and cutlets.   Didn't know what I want to do, but I remember how tasty the TONKATSU was that I had at one of the party.  Since I gave my own PANKO, I set to work.  
Serves 3
Ingredients:
3 large sliced pork pounded with the back side of the knife blade into thin slice
Or 6 small slices
1-1/2 C homemade PANKO ( bread crumbs crumbled finely in food processor)
1 C milk
1/2 tsp Nanami Togarashi - Japanese 7 flavor chili peppers usually used for eating UDON or SOBA, etc.
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 C flour + 1/4 tsp salt and white peppers 
Skillet with 4 to 5 TBsp of cooking oil ( depending on the size of your skillet.)   Oil should cover only half deep of the food.
1.   Cover pork slices with flour.  Mix milk with peppers and salt. 
2.   Dip floured pork slices in milk mixture.
3.  Transfer to a bowl with PANKO.  Coat both sides by pressing down on the surface.  
4.  Slide them gently into the skillet.  Fry until brown on both side over medium low heat.   Serve with rice and coleslaw, for example, and with Tonkatsu Sauce.
Place on top of Tempura sheet to catch/ subtract excess oil before cutting into strips to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?