Friday, June 21, 2019

Japanese Cheese Cake Recipe Test - Flopped

So, I found another Japanese cheese cake recipe.  I can't remember from where I got it.  But the test was disappointing.  I should have stayed with my recipe completed previously successfully.
Here is the pic results of it.
Dense!!
Not sure which URL I got it from... I think it was from the YouTube...



Lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
Beat egg whites to Stiff.





 Because my cake mold has a removable bottom, it was wrapped to prevent water from Bain Marie to sip into cake batter.




 Hmmm... the cake did not rise.   My Bain Marie may have been too shallow.  I should have used a deeper and smaller pan?


 Not enough flour/cornstarch to stand up?  Tasted very Eggy.  Yuk!
I think I will follow my own, the next time:
https://rockdavinci.blogspot.com/search?q=Japanese+cream+cheese+cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?