Thursday, August 31, 2017

Stir Fried Cactus Salad


After my mother's home cook testing with nopales, I thought I would give it a try myself.   She made them into a very tasty refreshing salad.
Wearing thick gloves, Fresh cut young nopales.  
Use a blow torch to burn off the fine thorns or use a garden hand shovel and scrape off thorns.   
Use kitchen peeler to scrape off all the thorn eyes left behind. 
Rinse well. 
Cut into slices. 

Heat 1-1/2 tablespoon of avocado oil in a sauté pan.  Medium high heat. 
Add nopales slices.  Stir fry for a minute...

Lower to medium heat.
Stir fry for 1-1/2 min to 2 min.  
Remove. 
You have a choice to fresh squeeze a lemon and add to it or eat it as is. What taste do you expect!?  Ready?! Stir fried nopales tasty sour to tangy all by itself.   I love it just the way it is. Eat it straight out of refrigerator. Cool salad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?