Friday, January 06, 2012

KAKI APPLE STRUDEL

One of the challenge I gave myself last year end was how to cook the abundant of Japanese persimmons without the use of cinnamon spices as ingredients.    Almost all recipes you can find with persimmons, FUYU KAKI involves cinnamon or nutmeg as ingredients.    I was hoping to bring it up to the next level.    Looking for the right combination and or cooking methods to bring out the "KAKI's" taste.    Of course, the KAKI tastes best when eaten fresh with that crunch bite.   While in the search for the new recipe idea, my KAKI was getting quite ripe, so, before they get soft, I made this strudel with granny smith apples and KAKI.   And yeah, it does have cinnamon sugar.    The next time....

 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?