Friday, January 12, 2024

GOURMIA FOODSTATION - SMOKELESS GRILL, GRIDLE, & AIR FRYER - IS IT WORTH IT?

 During 2023 Holiday, I purchased another kitchen gadget - GOURMIA brand FoodStation - Smokeless Grill, Griddle, and Air Fryer that can also dehydrate, etc.  I want to give Gourmia another try.  The last  countertop Gourmia 7-qt Digital Air Fryer Oven failed badly on the TEFLON coated basket.  It fumed badly during cooking.  It transferred the Teflon burn smell to the food.  This FoodStation - Smokeless Grill, Griddle, and Air Fryer seem to have a different non-stick coating.  Still emit fume, I think. I am not sure if it is carcinogenic since I have not checked online for data.  The built-in smoke ventilator seems to suck out the fume.  I was attracted to the indoor grill and smokeless features.  I want grill at the table or at the kitchen counter and enjoy a meal quickly.  The cleaning is easy.  I thought "all those trays!" for Grill and Griddle, and Air Fryer.... it must be a lot of work cleaning.  It did not take up a lot of time to clean. I like the glass cover over it to help from splattering or just enjoy watching the food getting cook. So, this is a keeper for this time.  And Yes, I did change my comments here since the first posting. I discovered Teflon fuming more obvious in the last couple of tries.  Gourmia can work on different types of non-stick coating or just plain and simple - use no coating stainless steel - that will be the best.  Comparing to my InstantPot... Well, I think I like Gourmia's smokeless grill better than the InstantPot. Easier access. Funny thing is that I already tried grilling and air frying with the Gourmia, and I had fun using it.  I used InstantPot to make Yogurt, Flan, and making stew... I guess I keep both.
 
Groumia FoodStation out of box. A side view.

Grilling marinated Flank Steaks
It's a treat in Winter time to have grilled meat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?