Wednesday, April 01, 2015

My Favorite Cinnamon Rolls

If you have not yet tried your skills in making one of this Alton Brown's Overnight Cinnamon Rolls, you are really missing out on it.  I have tried many recipes for the Cinnamon Rolls, yet after many hours of labor to be disappointed.  Those recipes turn out cinnamon rolls that are rather 'hard' after sitting an hour.  I highly recommend Alton Brown's Good Eats 2, The Middle Years, cookbook.  And I enjoy his insights to all the food science behind the ingredients.  One of the modification to the recipe that I do, however, I use sour cream instead of buttermilk.  Based on my experience with Ponchiks, I think the source cream is the key to keep cinnamon rolls pillowy soft after several hours and overnight.  The recipe come close to brioche style and that maybe the contributing factor to the soft tender crumbs it produces.
  
I like to use Ceylon Cinnamon instead also.
Tastes Way Better than the 'you know who's!'  ha, ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?