Thursday, September 21, 2017

Adventure in Fluffy HOTTO Cakey #2

HOTTO CAKEY is one of my childhood favorite.  I thought how about adding ground flaxseed meal and Ceylon Cinnamon, etc.  It turned out great.  Japanese pancake is much higher in volume and cake like than the American ones.  The goal is to let the batter rise at least 1/2 inch or more in height.  
My ingredients today are:
1 large organic egg beaten with 2 TBsp of organic cane sugar till pale yellow with fork in a measuring cup.  (You can use the mixer.)

Add 1/2 tsp Ceylon Cinnamon
1 tsp Pure Vanilla
1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed meal
1 /2 TBsp Non- GMO pure Avocado Oil
Add - Shift 1/2 C Cake flour with 3/4 tsp non-GMO Aluminum-free Baking Powder and 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
Mix in and stir a bit and add:   1 TBsp Sour Cream and 1 tsp Fatfree Fairlife milk.
Gently mix to form thick batter.


Over medium low heat, 'Heat' up the griddle and 'wipe' butter on. 
Drop the batter on.    


I was able to make three Hot Cake.
Cover and turn to low heat and 'bake' over the stove till nicely fluffed.  
2-1/2 min depending on your gas stove. 


Atop a tiny bit of butter square on each cake before you flip over.
Cover and bake over stove for a minute.
Serve with your favorite toppings.


I got busy in my office and I almost forgot and turned it over a bit late.  I noticed the texture is a bit dry but it is a success in taste and fluff I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?