Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Croissant Adventure in Winter

This is another photo journal of my croissant adventure. I never get tired of taking pictures of croissants.  It is very satisfying even if I had to wake up at 2:30 am in the morning to complete the baking.
Ingredients/formula is in previously posted blog.
Hmmm... I see my slight mistake.   I seemed to have ignored my own rule - do not egg wash sliced edges of each roll.  It sealed the layers and have kept them from rising during the baking period.  
The taste of 'Euro-Style' Unsalted Butter is more flavorful than the normal Kirkland unsalted butter I always use. 
This one below shows the layer separation and rise where egg wash is carefully applied only to the top of the rolled layer avoiding the sliced edges.  
Baked at 475'F on baking sheet on Silpat.  3rd rack from the top in GE Large gas oven.  Maximum 12 minutes baking time. Keep a close watch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?