Saturday, October 11, 2014

Eggplant Shwarma with Persimmons

It's a persimmon season, and they are starting to ripe.  I came across this 100 Persimmon recipe book at one of bazaar and I bought just for this season to arrive.    I got eggplants from my garden snd persimmons from my mom's garden.  Can't beat the freshness than this.   I already have cooked extra long Basmati rice and cooked Bell Peppers with Chinese preserved Szechwan Radischinos and chiken to go with it.  At the end of browsing  the recipe book, I decided to create my  own, so here is my recipe. 

INGREDIENTS:
3 homegrown eggplants cut and basted with EVOO approx. 1/3 cup and grilled till soft in George Foreman's grill.  Set aside.  
1 Giant Fuyu KAKI  cut into cubes 7.5 oz
1 cup sour cream mixed with 1TBsp Shwarma mix
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tsp Sirachi Chili sauce
1 tsp Kosher salt
1 tsp Chili flakes
Small handful of Italian parsely chopped
Heat large wok with small amount of olive oil.  Add grilled eggplants and persimmon chunks.  Stir fry to heat through.   
Add all othe ingredients in, except shwarma mix and garlic.   
Stir  fry for 2 min.  Add shwarma mix and garlic.  Stir fry for one minute.  
Add chopped Italian parsely, most of them.   Save some for garnishing. 
I stacked them up to serve with spiralcut cucumbers and pickled daikon and fukujin zuke. 
It turned out pretty tasty. 
I wonder if the chiffon cake would turn out all right with persimmons?  I just had to try....fully soft ones or crunchy ones?   That will be interesting to find out.   I thimk it will taste good as persimmon Chinese glutinous rice pancake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! what is Cooking in your kitchen?